1. What consumer protections are appropriate for retail customers?
2. What are your views on the need for a specific QFC insurance law in addition to the regulatory and prudential regime, to apply to the activities and contracts of authorised insurers?
3. Do you have any views on the QFC Regulatory Authority's approach to branches and local and regional insurers?
4. The QFC Regulatory Authority is particularly interested in hearing the views of interested parties on the appropriateness of the weightings in the RBC model in the current draft rulebook.
5. Do you:
6. Do you think there is a need to have separate calculations in the Investment Risk Requirement that applies specific risk weightings to Islamic investment products such as Ijarah ?
7. Do you believe that all actuaries will be willing to opinion all the items included in the Financial Condition Report and independent actuarial report, or alternatively whether an actuary could rely on other expert opinions to meet those matters they may feel unqualified to comment on, for example the appropriateness of the discount rates used by an insurer?
8. Do you believe the proposed prudential regime meets best international standards?
9. Do you believe the proposals will impact on the attractiveness of the QFC to high quality insurers and those dealing with them?
10. Do you believe any of the requirements may be unnecessarily onerous or bureaucratic?
11. Are there any other matters relevant to the prudential regulation, or conduct, of insurers you wish to comment on?