Regulatory Advice Manager
- Salary£40k - £55k Annually
- LocationSouth East, South East
- SectorCompliance & Regulation, Insurance & Retail, Life & Pensions, Retail General Insurance, Mortages, Retail Banking, Lloyds/Wholesale Insurance
- PublishedMay 2nd 2012
About the client
One of the UK's leading General Insurer's with a strong reputation of quality brands in household, motor and general products
About the role
- Promote a positive image of Compliance by maintaining high standards of technical expertise and a professional attitude, both internally and externally.
- Provision of policy advice and guidance to all areas of the business in relation to FSA regulatory rules, guidance, and associated matters, including supporting relevant projects and processes, ensuring provision of business focused solutions.
- Escalation in a timely fashion to the Compliance Manager, and other relevant senior management issues identified to ensure these are reported to the relevant teams, that any necessary remedial action can then be taken, and, where relevant, track any such actions to a satisfactory conclusion.
- As a subject matter expert advise on appropriate remedial action following Compliance risk breaches.
- Using information received, identify new areas requiring Compliance evaluation/response.
- Assist in identifying impact of regulatory developments, business issues, operational failures or regulatory breaches and ensure that shared learning is cascaded across the Division.
- Promote best practice in Compliance and risk management generally
What we are looking for
- Financial Services experience with a preference for candidates with exposure to Insurance products
- Solid FSA regulatory knowledge
- Strong communication skills
- Good team player