- SalaryUp to £45,000 plus excellent benefits
- LocationUnited Kingdom, Chester
- SectorCompliance & Regulation, Mortages, Retail Banking
- PublishedJune 26th 2012
With M&S Bank, we're creating something truly special.
As M&S Money, we recently announced our intention to launch M&S Bank, which will see the roll out of over 50 branches within selected M&S stores across the UK, by the end of 2013 and the launch of a Current Account later this year. We will rebrand from M&S Money to M&S Bank in the autumn.
What will make M&S Bank so different? Well, for a start, the bank will be unquestionably M&S. We've learnt a lot about fairness, integrity and personal service during the last 127 years as one of the UK's favourite retailers. Like every other part of Marks & Spencer, M&S Bank will be built on the values of Quality, Value, Service, Innovation and, above all, Trust. The service we deliver will be expert, friendly and truly focused on the customer. We'll look to build lasting relationships with everyone who banks with us. And as our bank branches will be situated within M&S stores we'll share the same opening hours, making things far more convenient for our customers.
We may be new, but we're built on the foundations of M&S Money, which has provided outstanding products and exceptional service for over 25 years. And being owned by HSBC, we're in partnership with one of the world's biggest and most trusted financial institutions.
Our Compliance Function seeks to work in a way that builds strong relationships with critical business functions; keeping the business safe, protecting customers, reducing regulatory risk and ensuring that our commercial objectives can be achieved. It plays a key role in every aspect of our business.
Our recent announcement detailed the expansion of our product range to include a current account and, in the future, mortgages as well as the creation of M&S Bank branches in major M&S stores: an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Compliance Manager who can contribute to this major initiative and to the future of M&S Bank.
To succeed in this role you will have extensive working knowledge of the financial services sector with demonstrable knowledge of the FSA handbook and other regulatory matters including Lending Code, BCOB, CCA, DPA. Experience of compliance advisory or monitoring experience in relation to mortgage sales will be essential for this role.
Responsibilities will include:
- Compliance policy development and maintenance to enable the business to comply with relevant regulations
- Provide compliance advice and expertise to the business;
- Analyse and communicate the impact of any regulatory change to key business stakeholders and within Compliance;
- Provide Compliance sign-off, where needed, for financial promotions, training material and customer sales aides;
- Manage external relationships with trade associations, external forums and compliance discussion groups;
- Lead for Compliance on major thematic reviews;
- Provide technical and development support to Compliance Officers and Senior Compliance Officers
The successful candidate must have a good understanding of FSA mortgage regulation including advising on mortgage products and sales processes, preferably with some experience of FSA liaison. Whilst experience of general retail banking, including loans and current accounts, would be advantageous, as important will be strong planning, organisation and communication skills and the ability to contribute to the leadership of the Compliance function and the business more widely.
Please note due to the demands of the role, this is a full time position (core working hours required Monday to Friday) based at our Head Office in Chester.