Compliance Officer - Energy Markets
- Salary£60k - £70k Yearly
- LocationLondon, London
- SectorCompliance & Regulation, Commodities/Futures, Money Laundering
- PublishedJuly 11th 2012
A leading international energy company are continuing an extremely strong period of growth and development and are looking to bring in an additional resource in their compliance team.
This individual will be responsible for the provision of advice to the business on a number of key areas, including (but not limited to) market abuse, anti-bribery, anti-money laundering, FSMA RAO compliance and FSA regulatory obligations. The right candidate will be confident and reliable in their approach, with the ability to liaise across all levels and departments and ensure compliance is at the forefront of business operation.
You will be working with Front Office colleagues to implement systems of work and processes to ensure effective compliance with regulatory obligations. This post will take operational responsibility for key business lines, providing advice and guidance, undertaking themed reviews and providing support as required to deliver a first class compliance service.
Skills and Competencies required for this role:
* Knowledge of the FSMA, MAD, the UK Bribery Act and AML legislation essential. An appreciation of competition legislation an advantage
* A strong understanding of European regulatory developments e.g. in relation to; MiFID, CRD, MAD, REMIT and EMIR
* Knowledge of corresponding overseas legislation an advantage (e.g. US, Singapore, Switzerland)
* A solid understanding of energy markets. Knowledge of OTC and exchange trading.
* Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail
* Problem solving, delivery-orientated
* Able to work autonomously and manage projects
* Excellent time management skills
An exciting opportunity with an expanding company, the right individual will be looking for a challenge in helping to develop this team and their own career as part of this.
Please apply to this advertisement and call Andy on 0207 634 0148 for further detail
www.badenochandclark.com - Let's find the career that connects with your life.Badenoch & Clark is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Badenoch & Clark is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a registered Disability Symbol User.