Head of Compliance (Exclusive Mandate)
- Salarycirca £100k (flex) plus bonus and benefits
- LocationUnited Kingdom, London
- SectorCompliance & Regulation, Fund/Asset Management
- PublishedAugust 23rd 2012
This specialist investment manager is keen to hire an experienced Head of Compliance to join their firm.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing oversight, governance and ownership of the Compliance Function, ensuring that it provides the level of support, service and oversight required by its regulators, as well as by the regional and global business activities of the firm.
Whilst there are compliance professionals in other parts of the global entity, this should be viewed as a standalone role with the successful candidate taking overall responsibility for compliance in London and other global offices as required.
Key responsibilities include (but may not be limited to):
- Responsible for overseeing business activities within the global regulatory environment, ensuring that the firm's activities meet the requirements of various legal and regulatory bodies in all global regulations in the firm does business
- Provide regulatory advice across multiple jurisdictions and regions including the UK, Ireland, Europe, the Middle East, Australia, and Asia; familiarity with the securities laws and regulations in the US and Canada would also be helpful
- Assists the firm and divisional management in understanding and addressing all applicable laws and regulations, particularly UCITS regime
- Develop and maintain compliance policies and establishes compliance review procedures
- Directs all of the firm's compliance activities and acts as the main point of contact with relevant regulatory bodies, internal and external advisors and other internal control groups in regard to compliance and regulatory issues
- Responsible for developing, directing and monitoring the firm's Compliance Program
- Work closely with the Head of Risk Management to develop and execute policies and procedures that maintain a robust risk management framework and meet the requirements of the Enterprise Risk Management framework.
- Responsible for all required regulatory reporting on a timely and accurate basis.
- Provide assurance that the business has appropriate processes to identify, manage and escalate compliance risks and issues
- Managing various internal and external reporting processes (globally) on a timely basis
- Prepare reports for the audit committee and group compliance (minimum four times annually)
- Coordinate the information required by external auditors, regulators or group compliance/audit
- Act as the Company secretary responsible for all Companies House Filings
- Work with relevant enforcement and regulatory bodies to prevent, detect and report all potential instances of financial crime, with particular emphasis on AML procedures and processes
- Ensure that all relevant staff are aware of their legal and regulatory responsibilities in this area and that they receive appropriate training in support of this
- Maintain an appropriate risk-managed KYC framework, ensuring all client contacts have received appropriate diligence prior to commencement of any investment
- Act as a contact point for any suspicions of financial crime reported by any member of staff and prepare any STRs, and responsibility for following up on and managing any subsequent requests from relevant authorities
- Report to the board on at least an annual basis, updating them on how the firm has complied with its legal and regulatory obligations and ensuring that they remain aware of any changes or developments in these requirements.
- Maintain and embed appropriate compliance framework to identify manage and escalate compliance matters, ensuring any compliance changes are addressed.
- Communicate any changes to the compliance environment to the staff, as appropriate
- Communicate and coordinate with affiliates of the firm to ensure that business interactions and marketing materials used are compliant with applicable laws and regulations in the non-US jurisdictions in which they are used
- Maintain the Compliance Manual and policies, communicating changes as necessary
- Design and provide relevant compliance training as required
- Promote a culture of effective compliance within the business and provide up to date and relevant regulatory advice
- Maintain and execute the Compliance Monitoring Plan, establishing compliance work programs to assess the extent to which the business complies with obligations set out in the framework
- Assess incident and breach reports in a timely manner and maintain a register of such events
- Address and track compliance recommendations arising out of monitoring and external or internal audits and reviews
- Partner with group compliance professionals to assist them in global compliance matters
Provide ad hoc support to the business across more general activities as required, including:
- Ensuring that the marketing material library is up to date and in compliance with regulatory and procedural requirements
- Produce management information reports
- Administration of public relations, branding and prospecting campaigns
- Review client agreements
- Oversight of the firm's website
- Miscellaneous projects as necessary
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small but rapidly growing business backed by a significant parent company.
Please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0203 141 9635