Compliance Officer – Regulatory Compliance Advisory role
- LocationUnited Kingdom, London
- SectorCompliance & Regulation
- PublishedJune 25th 2013
Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance. We're headquartered in San Francisco, California, with offices from coast to coast in the U.S. and overseas - and strategic relationships with more than 3,000 banks around the world.
Our international division truly spans the globe, with a combined workforce of more than 2,700 dedicated team members and more than 30 overseas offices. Through our coast-to-coast U.S. presence, overseas offices in strategic Locations, and technology platforms, we provide our clients the direct and on-the-ground support they need to effectively manage all their global business in 130 countries.
The London branch of Wells Fargo, based in Fenchurch Street, has approximately 300 Team Members.
Our vision: "We want to satisfy all our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially."
- Provide day to day support to the Compliance Manager in relation to Regulatory Compliance Advisory. Assisting with implementing and execution of the Compliance Risk Management Programme across all lines of business for the following entities: Wells Fargo Bank N.A London Branch, Wells Fargo Bank International London Branch, Wells Fargo Global Fund Services (UK) and Burdale Financial referred to as "WF London".
- Work with the Regulatory Policy Unit to ensure there are policies and procedures for WF London to ensure compliance with UK and US regulatory obligations.
- Work with the Control Room to ensure conflict of interest are managed for WF London.
- Work with the Monitoring Team to identify potential retory risk.
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of regulatory training, monitoring include desk reviews and daily surveillance.
- Work with the UK KYC/AML team, Operational Risk and US Compliance& Operational partners to ensure WF London meets its regulatory obligations.
- Ensure compliance processes are documented and implemented, including the identification and documentation of preventative controls and the management of internal Compliance tools such as CRAS+.
- Pro-actively identify regulatory risk and recommend effective solutions, to make observations as to where compliance practice can be improved.
- Assist in the management of external and internal audit and regulatory examinations, ensuring the resolution of all points raised in a timely fashion with a view to no repeat findings.
- Support key business initiatives which require Compliance oversight.
- Support key regulatory projects such as the implementation of new regulatory & Corporate policy requirements.
- Strengthen the relationship between the Compliance department and other business and operational areas by providing pro-active and professionally delivered advice.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Familiarity with working in a Compliance environment of an international bank.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work unsupervised Reliability and conscientiousness.
- Proficient in desktop applications.
- Educated to a degree level (or equivalent).
- Preferably hold an industry qualifications such as CISI / IMC.
Confirmation of the right to live and work in the United Kingdom will be required. If you are a non-EU national, you may visit the Border and Immigration Service website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/ for details of the new Points Based Immigration System. Candidates who cannot establish the right to live and work in the United Kingdom will not be considered.